What is Construction Management?
Construction Management refers to professional project management services that help oversee the planning, design, and construction of a project from beginning to end.
Construction Management is helpful to control a project’s cost, quality, and timeline.
It can include any or all of the following aspects:
- Initial Studies
- Budget Development
- Schedule Development
- Site Planning
- Site Constraints & Opportunities
- Grant Assistance
- Defining Project Requirements
- Prepare Design Consultant RFPs
- Design Consultant Selection
- Utility & Agency Discussions
- Existing Facility Assessments
JAMB’s Approach to Construction Management
JAMB is available to provide cradle-to-grave Construction Management Services whenever requested by a client.
All JAMB Project Managers have the knowledge, experience, and resources to successfully manage the full lifecycle of a project. Before being assigned to a client, JAMB Project Managers must be fully proficient in the JOC process, software, reports, and documentation. All PMs have a proven track record of successful project management.
In addition, all Project Managers undergo:
- Background Checks
- Updated Software Training
- Client-Specific Method & Procedure Education
- Complete Safety & Anti-Harassment Training
- Design Phase Meeting
- Progress Plans & Spec Review
- Utility & Agency Approval Acquisition
- Project Schedule Updates
- Provision of Cost Saving Alternatives
- Design Team Coordination & Management
- Contractor Pre-Qualification Document Preparation
- Presentation Exhibits Preparation
- Pre-Bid Walk Conduction
- Pre-Construction Meeting Conduction
- RFI/Submittal Administration
- Change Order Processing & Control
- Payment Request Review
- Contractor Schedule Review & Monitoring
- Materials Testing & Inspection Oversight
- Progress Meeting Conduction
- Contract Compliance Monitoring
JAMB’s Experience with Construction Management
JAMB is currently under contract with both County of Ventura and Cal Poly Pomona to provide Construction Management Services, which include every aspect of cradle-to-grave Construction Management in JOC, Hard-bid, or a combination of the two.
- As-Builts Verification
- Operation & Maintenance Manual Verification
- Warranties Verification
- Certificate of Occupancy Acquisition
- Final Payment & Retention Verification